Wednesday 25 April 2012

My Experience at DKIT 2009-2012

Background

After spending 10 years in Barcelona., Managing Irish bars and restaurants there I decided it was time to come back home and open a new chapter in my life. The idea of returning to education had always appalled to me and when a friend suggested that I build on my experiences abroad in hospitality I decided the time was right to try 3rd level education. I learned Spanish fairly easily and enjoy meeting new people, so the idea of the classroom didn't intimidate me at all. I must say I enjoyed the course and found it educational and interesting, somethings I would do differently but in the end I look back on the experience and will miss the buzz of assignments and deadlines. The course has lead to me securing a job as a Conference and banqueting manager at the Ballymascanlon Hotel, a Post I wouldn't have achieved without my contacts at DKIT.

Part Two to Follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment